What Is Successfactors
What is SAP Successfactors?
SAP Successfactors is a cloud based Software as service which helps manage Human Resource functions of an organization.This includes the administrative and strategic functions of HR. These functions have been divided in to various cloud modules. Administrative functions are a part of Employee Central, Recruiting, Onboarding, and Compensation modules.
SuccessFactors offers integrated talent management suite for performing strategic functions. The major module categories include Performance and Goals, Learning, Succession and Development, and Workforce Intelligenceas Workforce Analytics and Workforce Planning. So SuccessFactors covers the whole employee life cycle from recruiting to onboarding to development to performance goal setting to evaluating goals and to plotting the succession pipeline. Together, they offer HR automation and business execution to achieve organization objectives. It is important to note that each module is an independent end-to end solution and offers third party integration as well.Each user has a unique identity and can use the same to access the services through web enabled devices. The mobile devices give SuccessFactors users quick access to the data.
Employee Central houses employee data. The data can be classified as HR Transactions; Position Management; Time Management, Reporting/ Compliance and Payroll. Here an employee can view information like no. of hours worked goals and objectives, compensation and benefits, request time off and update address, family size information subject to approver’s validation. The approvers can be manager/s or HR personnel or anyone else as per the permissions granted by the administrator.
Recruitment Module helps in Talent Attraction, Talent Engagement, Selection and Insight in form of analytics. Key Features and Functionalities of recruitment are:
● Requisition Management: Create requisitions and approval workflow. Select competencies from the library.
● Candidate Management: Create linkage to external career sites, take same action on multiple job applications, base candidate interview on competencies.
● Candidate/Resume Search: Search for candidates using Boolean search and save searches.
● Mobile Recruiting: Use mobiles to give user access, permissions, candidate feedback and approvals.
● Recruiting Reporting/Analytics: Compare how recruiting for candidates is progressing.
● Third Party Integration: This feature is not included with SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management and can be subscribed to for an additional fee.
Onboarding Module helps onboard new hires more efficiently reducing the time to hire.Key Features and Functionalities include: ● Forms Management ● Task and Process Management ● New Hire Portal ● Document Center ● Reporting ● SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite Integration.
Compensation Module helps manage compensation easily and provides detailed analytics.Key Features and Functionalities include:
● Spot Awards- Compensation based on specific event which is non- recurring.
● Base Pay, Short Term Incentive, Long Term Incentive – Configure worksheets, workflows and permissions.
● Calibration for Compensation – Managers can view all employee ratings, pay, potential and goals.
Performance and Goals Module helps the Managers evaluate employee contribution and guide employee development. The module offers:
• Goal Development and Management – Contains library of over 500 SMART goals to save time. The business objectives can be cascaded down to the employees at different levels in organization charts.
• Performance Reviews – Makes a manager’s interaction with the employee easy and provides guidelines for the correct language usage.
• 360 degree reviews – Manager can seek reviews from others for their direct reports.
• Calibration – manager can view an employee’s performance statistically in form of graphs, charts and tables with respect to the whole organization.
Workforce Analytics and Planning Module helps to increase the effectiveness of talent management decision-making using data. Workforce analytics analyzes HR and talent data across an organization. It provides in-depth analysis across HR, talent management and business functions This module tracks trends in annual, quarterly, monthly, year-to-date, last-year-to-date and seasonal time models. Additional add-on metrics includes absence management, career and development planning, compensation planning, employee relations, financial, goals management, health and safety, HR service delivery, learning management, leave accrual, payroll and benefits, performance management, recruitment, succession management, surveys, and Fieldglass contingent workforce management.
Learning Module provides scalability and makes an organization’s learning effective using eLearning format. From an administrative view, it offers following features:
The administrator can assign trainings, give learning approvals, add trainings, create surveys.
From user’s perspective,the home page has configurable tile and it shows the learning assignments along with the due date, the curricula, history, links, training recommendations and managers can also track training completion activity of direct reports amongst other features.
Succession and Development Modulehelps in identifying readily available talent and high quality individuals with the right skills for critical job.It offers succession and management, career and development planning, and calibration. It is advisable to have Performance and Goals module, and Learning module to harness the capabilities of this module in a more effective way.
Currently the module supportsfour types of succession nomination methods:
• Role-Person Nominations
• Position-Based Nominations
• MDF Position-Based Nominations
• Talent Pools and MDF Talent Pools
The Succession module contains:
• Succession Org Chart
• Matrix Reports
• Talent Search
• Lineage Chart
• Position Tile
• Nomination Approvals.
SAP SucessFactors is cloud based Human Resource Management and can be integrated with SAP HANA platform.
Using the Integration Solution as an Integration Pack
Use the following steps as a guideline to successfully integrate Employee Central with the time management provider. This is a simplified approach to a possible integration process. You have to determine your customer’s business requirements. Based on their requirements you will need to adjust these processes.
1. Set up Employee Central.
For more information, see the Employee Central Implementation Guide on SAP Service Marketplace at http://service.sap.com/cloud4hr → Employee Central.
2. Apply the third-party provider-specific settings, for example, single sign-on (SSO).
3. Get access to the integration pack.
4. Set up the standard data integration.
If the integration does not meet your customer’s integration requirements, contact SuccessFactors Customer Support and provide a description of the requirements not met by the integration pack. If a customization can satisfy the specific non-standard requirements, a copy of the process will be made available through the Process Library. However, please note that ongoing updates to the integration pack will not flow into your custom copy.
Employee Data Replication
This chapter describes the replication process of employee data from Employee Central to WorkForce Software EmpCenter. It comprises the following steps:
1. A scheduled Boomi job extracts employee data from Employee Central as of a certain date.
2. The extracted data is mapped to and conforms to a WSDL published by WorkForce Software.
3. Boomi calls the Web service and sends the employee data to WorkForce Software EmpCenter.
The employee import supports the following data:
o New hire
o Employee – Manager relationship assignments
4. Once data is received, employee import processing occurs within EmpCenter. The import processing includes:
o Transforming fetched data based on mapped data elements
o Staging and applying business rules
o Storing employee data in EmpCenter database
These specifications apply to the version for country United States. If a customer implements a version for another country, some adjustments may be necessary.